Tahini Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg / 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional: Sesame seeds for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the tahini, softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until well combined and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract to the bowl and continue mixing until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until a dough forms. The dough may be slightly crumbly, but it should hold together when pressed.
- Roll the dough into small balls, approximately 1 inch in diameter, and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Leave some space between the cookies as they will spread while baking.
- Optional: Gently press each dough ball with a fork to create a crisscross pattern on the top of each cookie. You can also sprinkle sesame seeds on top for added flavor and presentation.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Once cooled, these tahini cookies are ready to be enjoyed. They have a soft and slightly crumbly texture with a delightful nutty taste. Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. Enjoy!