Tahini Energy Balls
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (such as almonds, walnuts, or cashews)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract /
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: Additional shredded coconut or sesame seeds for coating
Instructions for Tahini Energy Balls:
- In a food processor, blend the rolled oats until they reach a fine, flour-like consistency.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the blended oats, tahini, honey or maple syrup, shredded coconut, chopped nuts, chia seeds, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes to allow it to firm up slightly, making it easier to shape into balls.
- Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and roll it into small, bite-sized balls using your hands.
- Optional: If desired, roll the energy balls in shredded coconut or sesame seeds for an additional coating.
- Place the energy balls on a baking sheet or plate and refrigerate them for at least 1 hour to allow them to set.
- Once set, the tahini energy balls are ready to enjoy. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
These tahini energy balls make for a healthy and satisfying snack, packed with protein, fibre, and healthy fats. You can grab them on the go or enjoy them as a pre- or post-workout snack. Feel free to customize the recipe by adding other ingredients like dried fruits, chocolate chips, or spices such as cinnamon or nutmeg. Enjoy